Mary Lynn Cesar, Kapitall: Joe Biden wants "more people, goods and information…” from Mexico. Do these rallying stocks qualify?
Last week, Vice President Joe Biden went to Mexico to meet with President Enrique Peña Nieto and launch the inaugural US-Mexico High Level Economic Dialogue (HLED). First announced in May 2013, the annual cabinet-level exchange aims to “advance strategic economic and commercial priorities central to promoting mutual economic growth, job creation, and global competitiveness.”
[Read more from Kapitall: Alibaba IPO Coming to the US]
Annual trade between the US and Mexico currently amounts to $500 billion, or over $1.25 billion a day. Vice President Biden spoke about the countries’ economic partnership during his visit, stating that the controversial North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) led to the quadrupling of two-way trade between the two nations. HLED plans to build upon that relationship through targeted work under three pillars:
- partnering for regional and global leadership
- promoting competitiveness and connectivity
- fostering economic growth, productivity, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
- In May the growth outlook was revised to 3.1% from 3.5% following weak growth and low exports in Q1.
- Then it was lowered to 1.8% in August after the economy shrank by 0.74% in Q2.
- This was the country’s first contraction in four years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV