The Travelers Institute, the public policy division of The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV), today moderated a panel discussion at the Women’s Business Development Center’s (WBDC) 27 th Annual Entrepreneurial Woman’s Conference, Women’s Business & Buyers Mart in Chicago. Panel participants discussed topics ranging from access to capital and cyber security, to vendor selection and strategies for success in today's challenging small business environment.
The Travelers Institute’s Small Business - Big Opportunity tour had previously held nine events in major markets across the country, such as Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, New York and Boston.
“As one of the nation’s largest insurers of small businesses, we recognize how important women’s entrepreneurship is to expanding economic opportunity in the 21 st century,” said Joan Woodward, President, Travelers Institute, and Executive Vice President of Public Policy, Travelers. “Travelers understands the challenges women entrepreneurs can face in operating successful small businesses and is committed to providing the necessary resources to help business owners succeed.”
Woodward moderated the discussion and the panel consisted of prominent business leaders, including:
- Amber Colley, Director, Sales Partnerships, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp.
- Tim Ritz, Managing Director of Technical Procurement, United Airlines
- David Frank, President and General Council, SomerCor 504, Inc
- Michelle Kantor, ESQ, Federal Government Contracting Practice Lead, McDonald Hopkins, LLC
- Kirstin Simonsen, Second Vice President of Underwriting for Global Technology, Travelers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV