Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Congratulates Harry Lombardo, Former President Of TWU Local 234 And Former Vice President Of Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Executive Council, On His Election To International President Of The Transport Workers Union.
HARRISBURG, Pa., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Pennsylvania AFL-CIO President Rick Bloomingdale and Secretary-Treasurer Frank Snyder extend their congratulations and best wishes to Harry Lombardo a Philadelphia and Pennsylvania native on his election as International President of the Transport Workers Union (TWU).
"We wish our union brother and good friend, a former Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Vice President, who rose through the ranks to lead TWU Local 234 of Philadelphia back in the 1990's, all of the best as he, along with his leadership and members, tackle the many challenges and issues they are facing today and tomorrow," President Bloomingdale said. We are ready to assist these workers in any way we can as they continue striving to improve their quality of life and expand the middle class," he said.
" Pennsylvania is the Keystone State in many respects, including the many national labor leaders who began their careers here in Pennsylvania. We are pleased that Harry Lombardo joins in continuing this proud tradition of leadership and service on behalf of his members and all workers," Secretary-Treasurer Snyder said.
Mr. Lombardo was elected international president at the TWU convention in Las Vegas on Wednesday, September 25, 2013. Harry's first job was bus cleaner at SEPTA. He rose to become the President of TWU Local 234 and fought hard for his members on every level from the streets of Philly to the halls of Congress and the State Legislature's. He also represented his union as a Vice President on the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO Executive Council.SOURCE Pennsylvania AFL-CIO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV