BC-US--Business Features Digest, US
The business news enterprise package planned through Oct. 1. For comments or questions, call 212-621-1680. For questions about photos, call ext. 1900. For questions about graphics, call ext. 7636. Repeats of stories are available from http://apexchange.com or the Service Desk, 1-800-838-4616.
Adds: BUDGET BATTLE-OBAMACARE, ON THE MONEY-STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS
Eds: Will be updated.
BUDGET BATTLE-OBAMACAREWASHINGTON â¿¿ Republicans pulling on the budget thread can't neatly unravel President Barack Obama's health care law. A partial government shutdown next week would leave the major parts of the law in place and rolling along, and health care markets for the uninsured would open as scheduled on Tuesday. By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar. Eds: Sent Thursday for use through Monday or until a budget deal is reached. 770 words AP photos. GLOBAL MALL SECURITY Some malls around the world have been scrambling to add security guards to look for suspicious people following a deadly attack on a shopping center in Nairobi over the weekend. But for other malls, it's been business as usual. The mixed reactions by malls across the globe isn't unusual in an industry whose security efforts vary from unarmed guards in most shopping centers in the U.S., to metal detectors and bag searches in places like Israel, to main entrances that resemble airport security lines in India. By Anne D'Innocenzio. Eds: Sent Wednesday for use anytime. 1,050 words. AP photos. BRAZIL-END OF THE VW VAN SAO PAULO â¿¿ It carried hippies through the 1960s, hauled surfers in search of killer waves during endless summers and serves as a workhorse across the developing world, but the long, strange trip of the Volkswagen van is ending. Brazil is the last place in the world still producing the iconic vehicle but VW says production will end Dec. 31. By Stan Lehman and Bradley Brooks. Eds: Sent Monday for use anytime. 830 words.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV