Rent-A-Center today concluded an annual initiative dubbed “Operation: Just Like Home.” In support of the US military, the initiative got under way early this year at the Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base in New Orleans, Louisiana and came to a close today at the Founders Day Celebration held at the South Texas Veterans Health Care System’s Fisher House in San Antonio, Texas.
The year-long effort saw Rent-A-Center provide brand new name-brand merchandise to nine military installations across the country. The aid came in the form of furniture, electronics, computers and appliances.
Valued at over $100,000, the Rent-A-Center-supplied merchandise was aimed at providing a more comfortable and relaxing on-base environment for servicemembers, veterans and their families.
Reflecting a cross section of the country, the nine installations Rent-A-Center visited are: Fort Campbell, Kentucky; Fort Sill, Oklahoma; Fort Lee, Virginia; Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri; Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington; Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, Louisiana; Marine Corps Recruiting Depot, California; Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia; and South Texas Veterans Health Care System, Texas.“Throughout the years, Rent-A-Center has held our nation’s military in the highest regard and supported a variety of military organizations,” said Mark Speese, chairman and CEO of Rent-A-Center. “Supporting the valiant men and women in the armed forces has been a particularly rewarding experience for our coworkers.” 2013 marked Rent-A-Center’s fourth year of support for the armed forces. Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 20,000 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV