Ranked among the world's best companies in sustainability practices
Sept. 26, 2013
(CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) is pleased to announce that it has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the 12
consecutive year, affirming the bank's best-in-class approach to sustainability practices.
The 333 companies included in the DJSI World Index are recognized as the global leaders in sustainability best practices and demonstrate exceptionally high environmental and social performance. The annual review of the DJSI family of indices is conducted by RobecoSAM, which invited more than 3,000 publicly traded companies to participate.
CIBC is one of only 11 Canadian companies and just 23 financial institutions around the world to meet the listed criteria for inclusion in the DJSI World 2013/2014. CIBC is also listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index, or DJSI North America, which tracks the performance of the top 20% of the 600 largest Canadian and U.S. companies.
In addition, CIBC is listed on the Jantzi Social Index and the FTSE4Good Index, both of which also track the financial performance of leading sustainability-driven companies. Both indices have included CIBC since their inception.
CIBC is also proud to have received the following recognition in the past year for its industry-best practices:
- Strongest bank in Canada and North America and the third-strongest bank in the world by Bloomberg Markets magazine;
- Among the Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- A recipient of three innovation awards for the CIBC Mobile Payment App from ACT Canada;
- One of Interbrand's 25 Best Canadian Brands;
- Named as a Corporate Knights best corporate citizen in Canada;
- One of Canada's Best Workplaces by the Great Place to Work® Institute; and,
- One of Canada's Top 100 Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a Best Employer for New Canadians by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. CIBC is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, our employees and our communities. We aim to make a difference in communities through corporate donations, sponsorships and the volunteer spirit of employees. With a strategic focus on Kids, Cures and Community, and employee commitment to causes, including the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, the CIBC Children's Foundation and United Way, we are investing in the social and economic development of communities across the country. In 2012, CIBC contributed more than
to more than 1,900 charitable and non-profit initiatives in 450 communities. You can find other news releases and information about CIBC in our Press Centre on our corporate website at
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce