DISH intends to keep leading the industry in offering more and better consumer choice and control. The integration will start with showcasing full Hopper remote control tuning capability. As the integrators become more familiar with the Hopper’s API, their apps and devices will be able to access the full range of Hopper features – not just channel changing and the program guide – such as the capability to manage DVR recordings, browse the entire Video-On-Demand catalog, and the ability to purchase Pay-Per-View content.
Among the key features of DISH’s “Second Screen” API available for use by home automation systems:
- Third-party device pairing for home automation remotes that can emulate a DISH remote control key press;
- Access to key system settings and Electronic Program Guide queries for the current program, as well as details of a particular event;
- Channel Changing, including tuning and usage information on all Hopper tuners;
- DVR commands, to search recorded content and list DVR information, start and stop playback, schedule recordings, and fully access unique Hopper features such as PrimeTime Anytime™ and AutoHop™;
- Ability to purchase Pay-Per-View and On-Demand content.
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.092 million satellite TV customers, as of March 31, 2013, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life®. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.About Control4 Control4 [NASDAQ: CTRL] is a leading provider of automation systems for homes and businesses, offering personalized control of lighting, music, video, lighting, temperature security, communications and similar functionalities into a unified home automation experience that enhance consumers’ daily lives. Control4 unlocks the potential of connected devices, making entertainment systems easier to use, homes more comfortable and energy efficient, and families more secure. Control4 solutions are available through more than 2,800 Control4 certified custom integrators and distributors in over 80 countries. Control4 is the automation platform of choice for consumers, major consumer electronics companies, hotels, and businesses around the world. www.control4.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV