DISH intends to keep leading the industry in offering more and better consumer choice and control. The integration will start with showcasing full Hopper remote control tuning capability. As the integrators become more familiar with the Hopper’s API, their apps and devices will be able to access the full range of Hopper features – not just channel changing and the program guide – such as the capability to manage DVR recordings, browse the entire Video-On-Demand catalog, and the ability to purchase Pay-Per-View content.
Among the key features of DISH’s “Second Screen” API available for use by home automation systems:
- Third-party device pairing for home automation remotes that can emulate a DISH remote control key press;
- Access to key system settings and Electronic Program Guide queries for the current program, as well as details of a particular event;
- Channel Changing, including tuning and usage information on all Hopper tuners;
- DVR commands, to search recorded content and list DVR information, start and stop playback, schedule recordings, and fully access unique Hopper features such as PrimeTime Anytime™ and AutoHop™;
- Ability to purchase Pay-Per-View and On-Demand content.
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.092 million satellite TV customers, as of March 31, 2013, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life®. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit
Control4 [NASDAQ: CTRL] is a leading provider of automation systems for homes and businesses, offering personalized control of lighting, music, video, lighting, temperature security, communications and similar functionalities into a unified home automation experience that enhance consumers’ daily lives. Control4 unlocks the potential of connected devices, making entertainment systems easier to use, homes more comfortable and energy efficient, and families more secure. Control4 solutions are available through more than 2,800 Control4 certified custom integrators and distributors in over 80 countries. Control4 is the automation platform of choice for consumers, major consumer electronics companies, hotels, and businesses around the world.