One final under-$10 shipping player that looks ready to trigger a big breakout trade is Diana Containerships ( DCIX), which is involved in the seaborne transportation activities. This stock has been hit hard by the sellers so for in 2013, with shares off by 35%.
If you take a look at the chart for Diana Containerships, you'll notice that this stock recently formed a double bottom chart pattern at $3.57 to $3.61 a share. Following that bottom, shares of DCIX have started to uptrend and move back above its 50-day moving average at $3.91 a share. That move is quickly pushing shares of DCIX within range of triggering a big breakout trade above some key overhead resistance levels.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in DCIX if it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $4 to $4.09 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 338,266 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then DCIX will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $4.61 to $4.82 a share. Any high-volume move above those levels will then put its next major overhead resistance levels at $5 to $5.62 into range for shares of DCIX.Traders can look to buy DCIX off weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits right below some near-term support levels at $3.61 to $3.57 a share, or even $3.53 a share. One can also buy DCIX off strength once it clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits a comfortable percentage from your entry point. To see more hot under-$10 equities, check out the Stocks Under $10 Setting Up to Explode portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Delafield, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV