RICHMOND, Va., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion Virginia Power's Warren County Power Station, under construction in Warren County near Front Royal, has reached a major milestone. Seventeen months after starting construction, the station is 50 percent complete and on track to be online by the 4 th quarter of 2014.
"It is starting to take shape," said Bob McKinley, vice president of Generation Construction. "We are in the final stages of major equipment installation and our work is transitioning to interconnecting the equipment with piping, cable, instrumentation and so on."
In addition to reaching the halfway mark, the station also peaked for the number of employees on site at 1,400. The workforce will start to go down over the next few months.
Once complete, the 1,329-megawatt, combined-cycle power station will employ about 40 employees and produce enough electricity to serve more than 330,000 customers. The station will help Dominion meet the growing energy needs in Northern Virginia and throughout the state.Warren County Energy Partners, a partnership of Burns & McDonnell and Zachry Construction, is building the station for Dominion. Dominion (NYSE:D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 23,500 megawatts of generation, 11,000 miles of natural gas transmission, gathering and storage pipeline and 6,400 miles of electric transmission lines. Dominion operates one of the nation's largest natural gas storage systems with 947 billion cubic feet of storage capacity and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com. Save time, energy and postage by enrolling in Dominion's eBill paperless billing program. www.dom.com | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube SOURCE Dominion Virginia Power
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV