Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks: Top 3 Companies: MTGE, PWE, CLI
Mack-Cali Realty (NYSE: CLI) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.50%. Mack-Cali Realty Corporation is a real estate investment trust (REIT). It engages in the leasing, management, acquisition, development, and construction of commercial real estate properties in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 181.25. The average volume for Mack-Cali Realty has been 733,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mack-Cali Realty has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are down 16.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Mack-Cali Realty as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in its earnings per share, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The share price of MACK-CALI REALTY CORP has not done very well: it is down 20.32% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- MACK-CALI REALTY CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MACK-CALI REALTY CORP reported lower earnings of $0.43 versus $0.77 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 5.8% in earnings ($0.41 versus $0.43).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MACK-CALI REALTY CORP underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MACK-CALI REALTY CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 10.22%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.96% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $55.12 million or 30.80% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Mack-Cali Realty Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV