Buy These Top 3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Today: GEO, KIM, KMP
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (NYSE: KMP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.70%. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. operates as a pipeline transportation and energy storage company in North America. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.95. The average volume for Kinder Morgan Energy Partners has been 1,328,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners has a market cap of $24.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Kinder Morgan Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KMP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.64 versus -$0.33 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.50 versus $1.64).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 657.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $132.00 million to $1,000.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $979.00 million or 15.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.63%.
- 36.36% is the gross profit margin for KINDER MORGAN ENERGY -LP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KMP's net profit margin of 33.14% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts