Buy These Top 3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks Today: GEO, KIM, KMP
Kimco Realty (NYSE: KIM) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. Kimco Realty Corporation is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across North America. It is primarily engaged in acquisitions, development, and management of neighborhood and community shopping centers. The company has a P/E ratio of 61.39. The average volume for Kimco Realty has been 3,043,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimco Realty has a market cap of $8.3 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Kimco Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KIM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- KIMCO REALTY CORP has improved earnings per share by 7.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMCO REALTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.29 versus $0.21 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.42 versus $0.29).
- 38.84% is the gross profit margin for KIMCO REALTY CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of KIM's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KIM's net profit margin of 15.86% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, KIM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Kimco Realty Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts