LOS ANGELES, Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Since launching on October 10, 2010, the Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, has used the month of October as a time to broadcast spooky programming the entire family can enjoy. Starting September 27, the Hub Network will partner with Goodwill Industries International to encourage viewers to participate in the " Hub Network's Share to Scare" charity program by donating gently used costumes and other items they no longer need to Goodwill. The campaign also asks people to visit the website hubworld.com/halloween from Friday, September 27 through Thursday, October 31 and click on the "Share to Scare" banner. For each click, the Hub Network will donate $1 to Goodwill, up to $20,000, to support Goodwill's mission of helping people find jobs and care for their families. The partnership coincides with the network's upcoming "Hub Network's First Annual Halloween Bash," celebrating all things Halloween, including a nationwide costume competition. The star-studded special will be broadcast Saturday, October 26, 8–10 p.m. ET/5–7 p.m. PT.
"The Hub Network is very pleased to partner with Goodwill on 'Share to Scare,'" said Margaret Loesch, President & CEO, the Hub Network. "This worthwhile and relevant corporate philanthropic initiative perfectly fits with the Hub Network's brand mission to provide ways for kids and their families to spend more fun and meaningful time together."
Besides donating gently used costumes, the Hub Network and Goodwill encourage viewers to donate clothing and household items to Goodwill. Goodwill sells the items in its local stores, and the revenues fund programs to help people build their careers as well as to provide community-based services such as child care services, financial education, transportation and youth mentoring.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV