- Euromoney, " FX vol enters the dead zone" - Notes on Deutsche Bank's Alan Ruskin on FX volatility, basically giving more justification for the long vol calendar spread we opened yesterday in EUR/USD.
- Nemo, " Cryptography Part 2: More rambling" - this is fun reading on its own terms, but also think about familiar technical analysis indicators and the idea of a set of numbers (and hence indicator inputs and functions) being closed under basic operations.
- Isomorphisms, " Entropy and the Labour Market" - how easy it is to destroy, how difficult to create, complexity, Hayek, labor markets, "I earned this," and does kindergarten contribute more economic value than all the math taught in school?
- Dugger and Ubide, " Structural Traps, Politics and Monetary Policy" - "[I]n a structural trap, extremely loose monetary policy perpetuates deflation and low GDP growth, because unproductive but politically important firms are allowed to survive and capital reallocation is prevented." via The Contrarian Corner. This is an interesting viewpoint - neither the fatally and eternally vapid "QE means hyperinflationary doom" goldbuggery, nor the casual overconfidence of Keynesianism.
- Stachurski and Sargent, Quantitative Economics - like it sounds, some lectures on quantitative economic modeling, done in Python. I've only skimmed this but it looks great. OptionsProfits can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/OptionsProfits
Jared can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/CondorOptions
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.