My Reading List
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Options-Profits Previews
"I only come here to piggyback on the trades," says the guy who is missing out on the most valuable parts of this site. Teach a man to fish, and all that. For the furtherance of my education and yours, here are some things open in my browser right now that are worth reading:
- Euromoney, " FX vol enters the dead zone" - Notes on Deutsche Bank's Alan Ruskin on FX volatility, basically giving more justification for the long vol calendar spread we opened yesterday in EUR/USD.
- Nemo, " Cryptography Part 2: More rambling" - this is fun reading on its own terms, but also think about familiar technical analysis indicators and the idea of a set of numbers (and hence indicator inputs and functions) being closed under basic operations.
- Isomorphisms, " Entropy and the Labour Market" - how easy it is to destroy, how difficult to create, complexity, Hayek, labor markets, "I earned this," and does kindergarten contribute more economic value than all the math taught in school?
- Dugger and Ubide, " Structural Traps, Politics and Monetary Policy" - "
- Stachurski and Sargent, Quantitative Economics - like it sounds, some lectures on quantitative economic modeling, done in Python. I've only skimmed this but it looks great.
Jared can be followed on Twitter at twitter.com/CondorOptions
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV