BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- So much for the stock market free-for-all that was supposed to come with the Fed's plan's not to taper. Yesterday, stocks closed down for a fifth straight day, quite a streak in 2013.
To be fair, the market hasn't exactly been moving straight down. But since Bernanke and company announced that they'd continue their buying programs, the S&P 500 has actually lost 1.9% of its value.
Heh, if the market had priced in the taper -- as so many argued it had -- then you could make a case that stocks are actually pretty cheap right now.All of this week's drama from the financial wires and Capitol Hill and aside, we're still in a vey tradable market right now. That's especially true in a handful of the biggest names on Wall Street. That's why we're taking a closer technical look at five of them today. If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. >>5 Toxic Stocks You Should Sell Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade this week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV