MELBOURNE, Fla., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- LiveTV, the leading innovator of inflight entertainment and connectivity solutions, has received a Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for Boeing 737-900 aircraft from the Federal Aviation Administration to install satellite-based next generation Ka-band inflight airline internet and streaming entertainment systems. LiveTV has the ability to use this certification for all airlines operating 737-900 fleets. This STC comes less than one month after receiving similar FAA STC approval for Airbus A320 installations that will be first used aboard JetBlue Airways aircraft.
"We are leading the industry by bringing the fastest inflight connectivity to our customers," said Glenn Latta, President of LiveTV. "Our connectivity experience will revolutionize the inflight internet use for flights across North America and Europe."
"Our Ka-band satellite-based technology pioneered by ViaSat is finding new applications with more airlines," said ViaSat Chairman and CEO
Mark Dankberg. "Working with LiveTV, we believe this next-generation capability will grow in popularity the more travelers use it." The new ViaSat-1 Ka-band satellite is substantially faster and more economical than traditional Ku and Air-To-Ground technologies.
LiveTV, a wholly owned subsidiary of JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), is the world's leading provider of live in-flight entertainment and connectivity systems for commercial airlines. Founded in 1998 in Melbourne, Florida, LiveTV has installation and maintenance locations around the world to support the more than 630 commercial aircraft with more than 90,000 seats equipped with its products. Current customers include JetBlue, United, Frontier, Alitalia, Virgin Australia, WestJet and Azul. For a full list of products and partners, or for more information, please visit www.livetv.net.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV