Toms said his company helps other companies expand and integrate into the business world. In particular, DecisionPoint is working with Apple (AAPL) products.
One of DecisionPoint's biggest industries for integration is retail, in which Apple products account for roughly 40% of the devices that use the application. But that's not the only place where these products can thrive. Think rugged, Toms said -- specifically the service workers who have been using their own iPads and the iPod Touch for their work in the field, away from the office.
Thanks to his company, Apple equipment has been made more rugged and can be used by warehouse employees or oil service workers for their jobs. Management is happy because employees continue to find more efficient ways to do things by using different applications, and the employees are happy because they can use their own devices, he added.As for confidential company data, Toms said if employees leave their job, the company can wipe away just the corporate info; if the phone is lost, they can wipe the whole system clean. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV