TAMPA, Fla., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In Central Florida alone, there are 700,000 people struggling with hunger, and 250,000 are children. In a collective effort to check hunger in the area, the Tampa Bay Lightning announced today a new partnership initiative with The Mosaic Company. Benefiting Feeding America Tampa Bay and other local food bank partners, the Goals for Food initiative will connect the success of the Lightning team to feeding hungry families across the region.
During a press conference held at the FATB warehouse, representatives from the Lightning, Mosaic and local hunger-relief organizations explained the details of the Goals for Food initiative. For every goal scored by the Lightning during home games, Mosaic will donate $500 and for every hat trick scored, Mosaic will donate $5,000 to Feeding America Tampa Bay and other regional food bank partners. These include Meals on Wheels of Tampa, the Florida Association of Food Banks and the Harry Chapin Food Bank in Fort Myers, the Hardee Help Center in Wauchula, ECHO in Brandon, All Faiths Food Bank in Sarasota, Meals on Wheels PLUS of Manatee and Our Daily Bread in Bradenton, VISTE in Lakeland, the Mulberry Community Center in Mulberry, and Cutting Edge Ministries in Zolfo Springs.
"This new partnership with Mosaic directly aligns with one of our most important business goals: to collaborate with other highly community-minded businesses that can make a difference for the people of Tampa Bay and West Central Florida," said Jeff Vinik, chairman of the Tampa Bay Lightning. "It's inspiring to be part of an effort like 'Goals for Food' that will take advantage of our team's success on the ice to serve such a critical need in our community off the ice."
The incentive-based initiative is expected to provide thousands of meals and resources for families in need.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV