Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 10:40 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk on the Street" Monday.
Morgan Stanley downgraded International Paper (IP) because of capacity issues. Cramer couldn't confirm if this was true but he noted the stock is getting hit hard. IP fell 1.4% to $44.80.
Citigroup raised its price target on Walgreen (WAG). Cramer said it's always dangerous to do that ahead of a company's earnings report, but noted "Wagreen is doing very good." WAG fell 1.3% to $53.80.Cramer said Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) was upgraded to buy from sell at Goldman Sachs despite the oil company recently selling its assets in the Eagle Ford shale. RDS.A was unchanged at $65.68. Colgate-Palmolive (CL) is one of the best packaged-goods stocks, Cramer said, adding that its stock action recently formed the reverse head-and-shoulders pattern, a bullish, technical sign. CL fell 2.4% to $20.50. GameStop (GME) is hiring a lot of seasonal employees. Cramer said the company is a winner thanks to the new videogames and consoles being released. GME was flat at $49.65. Morgan Stanley is cautious on Exxon Mobil (XOM). Cramer said the company is a terrible story, with the stock never really moving. XOM was 1% lower at $86.04. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV