PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, September 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Elsevier congratulates its award-winning medical authors and editors for consistently producing high-quality medical content
Elsevier, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, announced today that 25 of its professional and scholarly products were honored at the British Medical Association's annual BMA Medical Book Awards ceremony at BMA House in London on September 17, 2013. This year publishers submitted more than 640 products, and the BMA awarded 122 prizes, with 21 first prizes and 101 highly commended prizes.
"We congratulate all of the winners and especially thank all of the authors, editors and Elsevier publishing staff who have worked on these prize-winning titles," said Linda Belfus, Senior Vice President at Elsevier. "This is an amazing achievement and reflects our dedication to developing and delivering quality content."Elsevier received First prizes in the following categories:
- Basic and Clinical Sciences - Goldman: Our Genes, Our Choices: How Genotype and Gene Interactions Affect Behavior
- Digital and Online Resources - Kumar & Clark: Kumar & Clark's Clinical Medicine - Inkling Enhanced E-Book, 8 th ed.
- Internal Medicine - du Vivier: Atlas of Clinical Dermatology, 4 th ed.
- Surgery - Buttaravoli: Minor Emergencies, 3 rd ed.
- Surgical Specialties - Neligan: Plastic Surgery: 6-Volume Set; Expert Consult Premium Edition - Enhanced Online Features and Print, 3 rd ed.
- Basis of Medicine - Harden & Laidlaw: Essential Skills for a Medical Teacher
- Internal Medicine - Reid, Lomas-Francis & Olsson: The Blood Group Antigen FactsBook, 3 rd ed.
- Internal Medicine - Johnson et al: Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract: Two Volume Set, 5 th ed.
- Internal Medicine - Michelson: Platelets, 3rd ed.
- Internal Medicine - Gawkrodger & Ardern-Jones: Dermatology: An Illustrated Colour Text, 5 th ed.
- Internal Medicine - Spiro, Silvestri & Augusti: Clinical Respiratory Medicine, 4 th ed.
- Internal Medicine - Wilcox, Munoz-Navas & Sung: Atlas of Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 3 rd ed.
- Medicine - Japp & Robertson: Macleod's Clinical Diagnosis
- Medicine - Ginsburg & Willard: Genomic and Personalized Medicine: Two Volumes, 2 nd ed.
- Medicine - Stocum: Regenerative Biology and Medicine, 2 nd ed.
- Paediatrics - Davies et al: Antenatal Consults: A Guide for Neonatologists & Pediatricians (Elsevier Australia)
- Paediatrics - Rennie: Rennie & Roberton's Textbook of Neonatology, 5 th ed.
- Paediatrics - Thalange et al: Essentials of Paediatrics, 2 nd ed.
- Primary Health Care - Guillebaud & MacGregor: Contraception - Your Questions Answered, 6 th ed.
- Psychiatry - Wright, Stern & Phelan: Core Psychiatry, 3 rd ed.
- Public Health - Plotkin, Orenstein & Offit: Vaccines (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
- Radiology - Torigian & Kitazono: Netter's Correlative Imaging: Abdominal and Pelvic Anatomy
- Surgery - Franklin, Dawson & Rodway: Essentials of Clinical Surgery, 2 nd ed.
- Surgical Specialties - Ryan et al: Retina (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts