September 26, 2013
Elsevier congratulates its award-winning medical authors and editors for consistently producing high-quality medical content
, a world-leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information products and services, announced today that 25 of its professional and scholarly products were honored at the British Medical Association's annual
BMA Medical Book Awards
ceremony at BMA House in
September 17, 2013
. This year publishers submitted more than 640 products, and the BMA awarded 122 prizes, with 21 first prizes and 101 highly commended prizes.
"We congratulate all of the winners and especially thank all of the authors, editors and Elsevier publishing staff who have worked on these prize-winning titles," said
, Senior Vice President at Elsevier. "This is an amazing achievement and reflects our dedication to developing and delivering quality content."
Elsevier received First prizes in the following categories:
"We are really delighted to receive this award on behalf of our authors, our Elsevier editorial team and our digital partners at Inkling," said
Parveen Kumar, CBE, BSc
, MD, DM (HC), FRCP, FRCP (Edin), co-author of
Kumar & Clark
s Clinical Medicine
. "The whole team worked very hard to create an engaging, multimedia interface to the demanding content of this book in order to accommodate all learning styles and improve the student experience. We all very much appreciate this wonderful endorsement from the BMA."
Dr. Kumar attended the ceremony, as did Anthony du Vivier, MD, FRCP, author of
Atlas of Clinical Dermatology
"I'm absolutely delighted with the BMA tribute and was helped by a brilliant team at Elsevier to pull it all together," said Dr. du Vivier. "Many thanks to my editors Russell Gabbedy and
Elsevier also received Highly Commended prizes in the following categories:
- Basis of Medicine - Harden & Laidlaw: Essential Skills for a Medical Teacher
- Internal Medicine - Reid, Lomas-Francis & Olsson: The Blood Group Antigen FactsBook, 3 rd ed.
- Internal Medicine - Johnson et al: Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract: Two Volume Set, 5 th ed.
- Internal Medicine - Michelson: Platelets, 3rd ed.
- Internal Medicine - Gawkrodger & Ardern-Jones: Dermatology: An Illustrated Colour Text, 5 th ed.
- Internal Medicine - Spiro, Silvestri & Augusti: Clinical Respiratory Medicine, 4 th ed.
- Internal Medicine - Wilcox, Munoz-Navas & Sung: Atlas of Clinical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 3 rd ed.
- Medicine - Japp & Robertson: Macleod's Clinical Diagnosis
- Medicine - Ginsburg & Willard: Genomic and Personalized Medicine: Two Volumes, 2 nd ed.
- Medicine - Stocum: Regenerative Biology and Medicine, 2 nd ed.
- Paediatrics - Davies et al: Antenatal Consults: A Guide for Neonatologists & Pediatricians (Elsevier Australia)
- Paediatrics - Rennie: Rennie & Roberton's Textbook of Neonatology, 5 th ed.
- Paediatrics - Thalange et al: Essentials of Paediatrics, 2 nd ed.
- Primary Health Care - Guillebaud & MacGregor: Contraception - Your Questions Answered, 6 th ed.
- Psychiatry - Wright, Stern & Phelan: Core Psychiatry, 3 rd ed.
- Public Health - Plotkin, Orenstein & Offit: Vaccines (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
- Radiology - Torigian & Kitazono: Netter's Correlative Imaging: Abdominal and Pelvic Anatomy
- Surgery - Franklin, Dawson & Rodway: Essentials of Clinical Surgery, 2 nd ed.
- Surgical Specialties - Ryan et al: Retina (Expert Consult - Online and Print)
For more information about the awards, please visit the
# # #