TORRANCE, Calif., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A NASCAR driver, a freestyle skier, a BMX rider and two supercross stars go head-to-head in a competition to create their ultimate dream rides. This year's Toyota Dream Build Challenge invites a diverse group of Team Toyota athletes along with their big-time partners to modify vehicles, letting fans participate in the process and vote for their favorites at www.ToyotaDreamBuild.com. The fan favorite will earn bragging rights and the Toyota Dream Build Challenge Cup when the winner is revealed at the SEMA show in Las Vegas on Nov. 5.
The teams are:
- NASCAR driver Parker Kligerman with partner Kyle Busch Motorsports, who will transform a 2013 Camry into a rally car dubbed the "CamRally."
- Freestyle skier Simon Dumont with partner Oakley, who will bring to life the "Ultimate Dream Ski 4Runner."
- BMX rider Drew Bezanson with partner Skullcandy, who will blend music and BMX themes to create the "Corolla Crusher."
- Supercross stars Justin Brayton and Josh Grant with partner Joe Gibbs Racing Motocross, who will completely outfit a 2014 Tundra and turn it into the "Let's Go Moto Tundra."
Each team will work with a custom build shop to bring its vision to life. Videos of the modification process and final competition entries will be available online at www.ToyotaDreamBuild.com beginning Sept. 26. Voting will begin Oct. 31 and continue for five days, with participants earning a chance to win daily prizes from the build partners and athletes. One lucky fan will have a chance at a dream trip to one of the Team Toyota athlete's events. Television racing commentator and Top Gear USA host Rutledge Wood will announce the winning design at SEMA, with the results streamed live online for fans to watch.
"For everyone who has ever imagined designing the perfect vehicle for a favorite hobby or sport, the Toyota Dream Build Challenge makes that dream a reality," said Ed Laukes, vice president of marketing communications and motorsports for Toyota. "What better place than the SEMA show to push the limits of the imagination and inspire creativity."Following the competition, all four vehicles will go on tour at events across the country. For more information about the Toyota Dream Build Challenge, visit www.ToyotaDreamBuild.com. About Toyota Toyota, the world's top automaker and creator of the Prius, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we've built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ nearly 40,000 people (more than 37,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships sold more than 2.3 million cars and trucks in 2012 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today. Toyota partners with philanthropic organizations across the country, with a focus on education, safety and the environment. As part of this commitment, we share the company's extensive know-how garnered from building great cars and trucks to help community organizations and other nonprofits expand their ability to do good. (NYSE:TM) For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com. Media Contacts: Rebecca LeeGolinHarris for Toyota213-438-8827 firstname.lastname@example.org Sam ButtoToyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.310-468-7728 email@example.com Jaymie RobinsonToyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.310-468-1421 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Toyota
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV