Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE:TEVA) today announced that key data from the Company’s multiple sclerosis (MS) franchise will be featured in over 20 presentations at the 29th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Copenhagen, Denmark, October 2-5, 2013. Data presentations will provide new clinical insights on the effects of treatment with COPAXONE ® (glatiramer acetate injection), the world’s leading relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) treatment, and the novel effects of laquinimod, Teva’s investigational oral compound, when used to treat RRMS.
"With our sixteen year legacy in providing a safe and effective treatment for RRMS, Teva continues to discover and develop treatments that positively impact patients living with this complex, debilitating disease,” said Dr. Michael Hayden, President of Global R&D and Chief Scientific Officer for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. “The continued investigation of the long-term open-label study of COPAXONE and investigation of laquinimod’s effect in MS demonstrate our ongoing focus on increasing the body of scientific knowledge available to neurologists for making appropriate treatment decisions in a rapidly evolving landscape.”
In addition to presenting data at the Congress, Teva will host two satellite symposia, “Emerging Insights in Multiple Sclerosis: Re-evaluating the Treatment Algorithm” on Thursday, October 3, 2013 from 13:00 - 14:00 CET and “Multiple Sclerosis Management: Have We Got the Focus Right?” on Friday, October 4, 2013 from 19:15 - 20:15 CET. Also during the Congress, Teva will host a roundtable event for credentialed journalists focused on the future of the MS treatment landscape and patient journey.
Data Highlights from the Teva MS FranchiseKey data being presented during ECTRIMS from Teva’s MS franchise will include twenty-year long-term clinical results from the US open-label extension study of COPAXONE ® in RRMS, analyses of pooled data from the Phase 3 BRAVO and ALLEGRO clinical trials of laquinimod and results from the open-label extension phase of the BRAVO study. COPAXONE ® (glatiramer acetate injection):
- [P 577] Twenty years of continuous treatment of multiple sclerosis with glatiramer acetate 20mg daily: long-term clinical results of the US open-label extension study (Poster Session: Long-term treatment monitoring, October 03, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) C. Ford, D. Ladkani on behalf of the US Open-Label Glatiramer Acetate Study Group
- [P 606] Bayesian analysis of laquinimod's effect on relapses and disability (Poster Session: Tools for detecting therapeutic response, October 03, 15:45 - 17:00 CET) G. Cutter, G. Comi, T. Vollmer, D. Ladkani, N. Sasson, V. Knappertz (Birmingham, US; Milan, IT; Aurora, US; Petah Tikva, Netanya, IL; Düssseldorf, DE / Frazer, US)
- [P 1036] Disease progression in relapse-free patients treated with laquinimod (Poster Session: Long-term treatment monitoring, October 04, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) G. Comi, T. Vollmer, G. Cutter, N. Sasson, D. Ladkani, T. Gorfine (Milan, IT; Aurora, Birmingham, US; Netanya, Petah Tikva, IL)
- [P 1055] Results of switching to laquinimod in the open-label extension phase of the BRAVO study (Poster Session: Long-term treatment monitoring, October 04, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) T. Vollmer, P.S. Sorensen, K. Selmaj, F. Zipp, E. Havrdova, J. Cohen, Y. Sidi, T. Gorfine, D. Arnold for the BRAVO Study Group
- [P 1080] Evaluating the relationship between laquinimod's effects on relapse and disability progression (Poster Session: Tools for detecting therapeutic response, October 04, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) M.P. Sormani, G. Cutter, G. Comi, T. Vollmer, P.S. Sorensen, D. Ladkani, N. Sasson, V. Knappertz (Genoa, IT; Birmingham, US; Milan, IT; Aurora, US; Copenhagen, DK; Petah Tikva, Netanya, IL; Düsseldorf, DE / Frazer, US)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts