Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE:TEVA) today announced that key data from the Company’s multiple sclerosis (MS) franchise will be featured in over 20 presentations at the 29th Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in Copenhagen, Denmark, October 2-5, 2013. Data presentations will provide new clinical insights on the effects of treatment with COPAXONE ® (glatiramer acetate injection), the world’s leading relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (RRMS) treatment, and the novel effects of laquinimod, Teva’s investigational oral compound, when used to treat RRMS.
"With our sixteen year legacy in providing a safe and effective treatment for RRMS, Teva continues to discover and develop treatments that positively impact patients living with this complex, debilitating disease,” said Dr. Michael Hayden, President of Global R&D and Chief Scientific Officer for Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. “The continued investigation of the long-term open-label study of COPAXONE and investigation of laquinimod’s effect in MS demonstrate our ongoing focus on increasing the body of scientific knowledge available to neurologists for making appropriate treatment decisions in a rapidly evolving landscape.”
In addition to presenting data at the Congress, Teva will host two satellite symposia, “Emerging Insights in Multiple Sclerosis: Re-evaluating the Treatment Algorithm” on Thursday, October 3, 2013 from 13:00 - 14:00 CET and “Multiple Sclerosis Management: Have We Got the Focus Right?” on Friday, October 4, 2013 from 19:15 - 20:15 CET. Also during the Congress, Teva will host a roundtable event for credentialed journalists focused on the future of the MS treatment landscape and patient journey.
Data Highlights from the Teva MS FranchiseKey data being presented during ECTRIMS from Teva’s MS franchise will include twenty-year long-term clinical results from the US open-label extension study of COPAXONE ® in RRMS, analyses of pooled data from the Phase 3 BRAVO and ALLEGRO clinical trials of laquinimod and results from the open-label extension phase of the BRAVO study. COPAXONE ® (glatiramer acetate injection):
- [P 577] Twenty years of continuous treatment of multiple sclerosis with glatiramer acetate 20mg daily: long-term clinical results of the US open-label extension study (Poster Session: Long-term treatment monitoring, October 03, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) C. Ford, D. Ladkani on behalf of the US Open-Label Glatiramer Acetate Study Group
- [P 606] Bayesian analysis of laquinimod's effect on relapses and disability (Poster Session: Tools for detecting therapeutic response, October 03, 15:45 - 17:00 CET) G. Cutter, G. Comi, T. Vollmer, D. Ladkani, N. Sasson, V. Knappertz (Birmingham, US; Milan, IT; Aurora, US; Petah Tikva, Netanya, IL; Düssseldorf, DE / Frazer, US)
- [P 1036] Disease progression in relapse-free patients treated with laquinimod (Poster Session: Long-term treatment monitoring, October 04, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) G. Comi, T. Vollmer, G. Cutter, N. Sasson, D. Ladkani, T. Gorfine (Milan, IT; Aurora, Birmingham, US; Netanya, Petah Tikva, IL)
- [P 1055] Results of switching to laquinimod in the open-label extension phase of the BRAVO study (Poster Session: Long-term treatment monitoring, October 04, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) T. Vollmer, P.S. Sorensen, K. Selmaj, F. Zipp, E. Havrdova, J. Cohen, Y. Sidi, T. Gorfine, D. Arnold for the BRAVO Study Group
- [P 1080] Evaluating the relationship between laquinimod's effects on relapse and disability progression (Poster Session: Tools for detecting therapeutic response, October 04, 15:30 - 17:00 CET) M.P. Sormani, G. Cutter, G. Comi, T. Vollmer, P.S. Sorensen, D. Ladkani, N. Sasson, V. Knappertz (Genoa, IT; Birmingham, US; Milan, IT; Aurora, US; Copenhagen, DK; Petah Tikva, Netanya, IL; Düsseldorf, DE / Frazer, US)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV