Kicking off the fall season as part of the Company’s ongoing commitment to the Long Island community, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to announce several local sponsorships for fall 2013.
“One of Canon's strongest beliefs is to be active in the communities that we serve by working with local activities and programs,” said Bunji Yano, senior director and general manager, Corporate Communications Division, Canon U.S.A. “We are proud to support many local organizations in the Long Island area, where our Americas Headquarters is based.”
The initiatives of the 2013 fall season include:
- Special Olympics New York 2013: More than 400 athletes from Long Island, New York City and the Hudson Valley are scheduled to participate in the Special Olympics New York Fall Classic on Sept. 28, featuring competitions in bocce, cross-country running, golf, soccer and softball. Cantiague Park in Hicksville, N.Y., will host golf and the team sports, while the Hicksville Firehouse Station #3 will host bocce and the skills sports, including kicking skills for soccer and throwing skills for softball. Canon employees will have the opportunity to volunteer to assist athletes in getting to their sporting events, cheer on participants or help with the awards ceremony. In addition, Canon will sponsor the Special Olympics Long Island Floor Hockey Champions Challenge at Suffolk County Community College on Nov. 17.
The Company also sponsored Special Olympics New York for the 2013 Spring Games North, earlier this year, where the Canon printer marketing group printed participation certificates for each athlete, along with photos of the athletes, taken with Canon cameras.
- American Cancer Society: Since 1998, Canon U.S.A. has been a Flagship sponsor of the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk, which includes donating funds and encouraging employee participation in the annual walk at Jones Beach in Wantagh, N.Y. for breast cancer research. This year’s walk will take place on Oct. 20.
- New York Islanders: Canon has renewed its marketing and sponsorship agreement with the Long Island-based National Hockey League (NHL) team. As part of the sponsorship, the Canon logo will be displayed on the dasher boards at all Islander home games.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV