Goldman Sachs analyst Heath Terry highlighted Wells' commentary on Netflix original content and its Latin American growth as other points of interest to come from Wednesday's conference.
"Despite the early success of its originals, Netflix is not looking to drastically increase the amount of originals series it produces, nor is its success altering the negotiations it is having with content providers for non-originals," Terry wrote in a Thursday client note.
"Wells believes Netflix could participate in a number of different IP and distribution models for its originals from licensing to ownership, but will probably not be involved in production anytime soon," he added.
While Netflix continues to view its addressable market in the U.S. as 60 million to 90 million subscribers, the company is still seeking way to boost its growth in emerging markets where communications and internet infrastructure lags."The company continues to face headwinds in Latin America, particularly around device penetration and payment infrastructure. However, it has moved to address these issues through offering direct debit in Brazil and debit cards in Mexico, while also optimizing its marketing spend in Latin America," Terry wrote. Netflix shares shares were rising less than 1% in early Thursday trading to $307.83. -- Written by Antoine Gara in New York. Follow @antoinegara
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV