SAN DIEGO, Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management solutions, hosted the Accelrys Life Sciences Symposium on Wednesday, Sept. 25 in London. The daylong symposium featured networking opportunities and presentations on topics including informatics, predictive sciences and externalization solutions from Accelrys and some of its leading global life sciences customers. Attendees also learned about new offerings from Accelrys including Accelrys Insight and Accelrys Insight for Excel. In addition, an extensive set of advanced predictive sciences solutions from Accelrys was announced during the event.
"This year's Life Sciences Symposium was a great success, providing the opportunity for industry colleagues to exchange ideas on some of the most critical challenges facing the life sciences industry today including collaborative partnerships, leveraging external innovation, addressing cost pressures and accelerating time to market," said Adel Laoui, Accelrys' managing director of life sciences. "At this time of significant transformation in the pharmaceutical and health care industries, we are truly inspired by the ways our customers and colleagues are meeting these challenges by better managing their scientific innovation lifecycles, generating greater value out of their existing software portfolios and making significant investments in future growth."
Accelrys representatives along with executives from Sanofi, BT, GSK, MedImmue, Merz and European Lead Factory/ University of Dundee spoke at the symposium, giving the following presentations:
- SHERPA - A New Sanofi R&D Service to Support Drug Discovery Data Exchange with External Partners – Yves Collenot, IS project leader, Sanofi, France
- Unlocking Real World Health Data – David Brown, chief technology officer, Life Sciences, BT, United Kingdom
- Engineering Drug Like Properties of Therapeutic Proteins – Martin Strain, associate scientist, MedImmune, United Kingdom
- IMI European Lead Factory: Introduction & Opportunities – Andrew Pannifer, computational chemist, IMI European Lead Factory/University of Dundee, United Kingdom
- QSAR Workbench: Enabling Best Practices in Large Scale Model Building – Stephen Pickett, group leader in computational chemistry and informatics, GSK, United Kingdom
- Informatics Platform for Drug Repurposing at Merz Pharmaceuticals – Pekka Tiikkainen, scientific expert, Merz, Germany
- Accelrys Next Generation Cheminformatics: Strategy & Progress – Rob Brown, senior director life sciences product management and marketing & Andrew LeBeau, senior product manager, Accelrys, United States
- Accelrys & Predictive Sciences in Pharmaceutical Research – Adrian Stevens, senior product marketing manager, Accelrys, United Kingdom
The complete agenda, abstracts and speaker biographies from the event are available online. Other products covered during the Symposium include Accelrys QSAR Workbench, Pipeline Pilot, Discovery Studio, Accelrys HEOS and Contur ELN.About Accelrys, Inc. Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management solutions, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. The industry-leading Accelrys Enterprise Platform provides a broad and flexible scientific solution optimized to integrate the diversity of science, experimental processes and information requirements across the research, development, process scale-up and manufacturing phases of product development. By incorporating capabilities in applications for modeling and simulation, enterprise lab management, workflow and automation, and data management and informatics, Accelrys enables scientific innovators to access, organize, analyze and share data in unprecedented ways, ultimately enhancing innovation, improving productivity and compliance, reducing costs and speeding time from lab to market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV