Trade-Ideas: Eli Lilly And Company (LLY) Is Today's Pre-Market Laggard Stock
- LLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $194.6 million.
- LLY traded 14,800 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:38 AM.
- LLY is down 5.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LLY: Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. LLY has a PE ratio of 11.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Eli Lilly and Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eli Lilly and Company has been 4.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Eli Lilly and has a market cap of $59.8 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.36 and a short float of 1.8% with 4.74 days to cover. Shares are up 7.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eli Lilly and Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LLY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.06, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, LILLY (ELI) & CO's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Eli Lilly and Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts