SAN DIEGO and ORLANDO, Fla., Sept. 26, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mitek (Nasdaq:MITK) ( www.miteksystems.com ), the company that created the category of mobile imaging for financial transactions, today announced at the RDC Summit it has added innovative new features to its market leading Mobile Deposit solution. More than 1,000 financial institutions including all of the top 10 retail banks in the US have now licensed Mitek's Mobile Deposit. The new features created in the Mitek Lab include:
- Endorsement analytics
- Device and deposit business intelligence
- Mitek MiSnap™, the automatic, touch-free image capture technology
"Mobile Deposit adoption has exploded because it is a win/win for financial institutions and their customers. Financial institutions have lower check processing costs and customers have the freedom to deposit checks anytime, anywhere," said Mitek's Chief Marketing Officer, Scott Carter. "With these new features, Mitek's Mobile Deposit will continue to be unrivaled in the marketplace."
These innovative new Mobile Deposit features increase usability for consumers and financial institutions:
- Endorsement analytics enable financial institutions to increase deposit limits by enabling them to better isolate and manage risk. Mobile Deposit now includes a suite of endorsement related analytics and scores. Endorsement confidence levels and score thresholds are configurable by the institution.
- Powerful business intelligence for insight and tuning: The new version of Mobile Deposit offers device and deposit business intelligence. Financial Institutions can now gather additional insight about device model, operating system, camera, performance, completion data, and image quality. It also includes a more robust internal logging system which increases the ability to investigate individual check processing exceptions. With this new insight financial institutions can optimize app performance.
- Automatic image capture for an even better user experience: Mitek MiSnap™ SDK is a new patent-pending touch-free capture technology which automates the image capture process – eliminating user-error and decreasing transaction processing time. This new intuitive and fun image capture technology provides consumers with real-time feedback during the capture process. It determines when all the conditions are optimal and then automatically captures the image. The new user experience will increase the success of first time users, drive faster adoption and ultimately increase usage of Mobile Deposit.