DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Aggregate data from MyFord ® Mobile app show customers drive more than 8,400 electric-only miles every hour and about 203,000 electric-only miles daily – enough to travel around the earth's equator nearly eight times
- MyFord Mobile is available on Ford plug-in hybrids, Fusion Energi and C-MAX Energi; and Focus Electric, a battery-electric vehicle
- Data show that for plug-in hybrids, the number of all-electric trips increases by nearly 50 percent after the first six months of ownership, due to improved driving habits acquired through the use of exclusive features and a rapidly growing infrastructure, including Ford's expanding workplace charging network
- Ford PowerUp Tour launches this month, which aims to help consumers learn about the benefits of Ford plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles
Ford plug-in hybrid vehicles rack up enough electric-only miles every day to drive around the earth nearly eight times – a number rapidly increasing as Ford continues investing in infrastructure while exclusive features like MyFord ® Mobile help improve driving habits.
Data show Ford plug-in hybrids are being driven about 203,000 electric miles every day and more than 8,400 miles every hour. The aggregate data are collected through MyFord Mobile, available on Ford's plug-in vehicles, Fusion Energi and C-MAX Energi, and Focus Electric.
The number of electric-only miles is expected to continue increasing, as data suggest driving habits evolve for new hybrid owners through the use of MyFord Mobile and other features such as SmartGauge ® with EcoGuide. After six months, nearly 30 percent of all trips are gas-free compared with about 20 percent at the beginning of vehicle ownership.Mike Tinskey, Ford global director of vehicle electrification and infrastructure, says MyFord Mobile data showing, among other things, how driving habits evolve and how Ford plug-in hybrids are being used are key to improving the ownership experience for existing and future customers. "The aggregate data collected through MyFord Mobile take the guesswork out of trying to figure out what we need to do when it comes to making adjustments and continuing to improve," says Tinskey. "Ford is not being forced to use projections because the company has real customer data to rely on and use for guidance."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts