ADVISORY, Sept. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The decision from the Federal Reserve was unexpected and investors initially reacted optimistically, pushing the NASDAQ Internet Index up 2.51% and the PHLX Utility Sector Index up 2.07%.
|TOP INDEX MOVERS|
|LAST 5 TRADING DAYS (+/-)|
|TOP 5 EQUITY INDEXES:||9/19/13 - 9/25/13|
|NASDAQ INTERNET INDEX (QNET)||+2.51%|
|NASDAQ OMX US WATER INDEX (GRNWATUSL)||+2.17%|
|PHLX UTILITY SECTOR INDEX(UTY)||+2.07%|
|NASDAQ EM EUROPE INDEX (NQEMEU)||+1.67%|
|PHLX DEFENSE SECTOR INDEX (DFX)||-1.46%|
|TOP 5 COMMODITY INDEXES:||9/19/13 - 9/25/13|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY NATURAL GAS INDEX ER (NQCINGER)||-5.33%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY CRUDE OIL INDEX ER (NQCICLER)||-3.29%|
|PHLX GOLD/SILVER SECTOR INDEX (XAU)||-2.89%|
|NASDAQ COMMODITY LIVE STOCK INDEX ER (NQCILSER)||+1.74%|
|PHLX OIL SERVICE SECTOR INDEX (OSX)||-1.34%|
"The Fed surprised the market with keeping QE unchanged and gave it a Greenspan-esque boost last week but it proved only temporary as the broad markets have given those gains back," said Dave Gedeon, Managing Director of NASDAQ OMX Global Indexes. "The interest-rate sensitive asset classes were given a reprieve as MLPs, preferreds, and corporate debts all bounced and have remained steady."INDEX MOVES THIS WEEK
- Positive guidance and better-than-expected iPhones sales on Monday helped Apple (~5%). Also, iPhone suppliers saw additional upside. The NASDAQ-100 Index rose 0.85% over the past five days.
- Air-conditioning and a moderate weather forecast in the US drove Natural Gas prices lower on Monday and Tuesday. The NASDAQ Commodity Natural Gas Index ER dropped 5.33%.
- Crude oil has dropped to the lowest levels since July with tension in the Middle East easing and gasoline demand on the decline. NASDAQ Commodity Crude Oil Index ER fell more than 3%.
CONTACT: MEDIA CONTACTS: Nick Lawler Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5613 firstname.lastname@example.org Nora Sabry Intermarket Communications (212) 754-5468 email@example.com Wayne Lee NASDAQ OMX (301) 978-4875 Wayne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts