Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Valero Energy Corporation (VLO) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Valero Energy Corporation rose $0.57 (1.7%) to $34.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,094,862 shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,893,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.29-$35.10 after having opened the day at $34.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.31. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Sonde Resources (SOQ), up 14.5%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat (AMCF), up 13.0%, Solazyme (SZYM), up 7.4% and Syntroleum Corporation (SYNM), up 6.4%.
- You can view the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VLO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV