SOUTH PLAINFIELD, N.J., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PTC Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: PTCT) announced that four posters will be presented at the 18 th International World Muscle Society Congress (WMS) in Asilomar, California, on October 1-5. The following posters will be presented on October 3 from 14:30 - 16:00 during Dystrophinopathy pharmco and pharmaco-gene therapy Session.
- Phase 2b, dose-ranging study of ataluren (PTC124®) in nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy - results of a post-hoc analysis of change in %-predicted 6-minute walk distance;
- Design of a confirmatory phase 3, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of ataluren in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy
In addition, Craig McDonald, M.D., one of the world's leading experts in muscular dystrophy clinical endpoints and DMD natural history studies, will present two posters on data obtained from ataluren's Phase 2b study in patients with nonsense mutation Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
- The 6-minute walk test and other clinical endpoints in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: reliability, concurrent validity, and minimal clinically important differences from a multicenter study;
- The 6-minute walk test and other endpoints in Duchenne muscular dystrophy: longitudinal natural history observations over 48 weeks from a multicenter study
About PTC Therapeutics, Inc. PTC is biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of orally-administered, proprietary small molecule drugs that target post-transcriptional control processes. While PTC's discovery programs are directed at targets in multiple therapeutic areas, PTC is focusing particularly on the development and commercialization of treatments for orphan and ultra-orphan disorders. Post-transcriptional control processes regulate the rate and timing of protein production and are essential to proper cellular function. PTC's internally-discovered pipeline addresses multiple therapeutic areas, including neuromuscular disorders, oncology and infectious diseases. For more information on the company, please visit our website www.ptcbio.com.Forward Looking Statements: Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for the Company, the development of and potential market for the Company's product candidates and other statements containing the words "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan" "predict," "project," "target," "potential," "will," "would," "could," "should," "continue," and similar expressions, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements involve substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause our future results, performance or achievements to differ significantly from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, among others, those related to the initiation and conduct of clinical trials, availability of data from clinical trials, expectations for regulatory approvals, our scientific approach and general development progress, the availability or commercial potential of our product candidates and other factors discussed in the "Risk Factors" section of the final prospectus for our initial public offering, which is on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views only as of the date of this release. The Company anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause the Company's views to change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this release.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV