Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) today announced that the company’s Board of Directors has approved an increase in its quarterly dividend from $0.29 per share to $0.312 per share, an increase of approximately 7.6-percent. The quarterly dividend is payable Oct. 28, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business Oct. 8, 2013.
“This dividend increase is another step forward as we execute our plans to drive shareholder value by delivering sustainable, profitable net sales growth,” said Denise Morrison, Campbell’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “We are encouraged by the progress we’ve made and are confident in our long-term growth prospects as we strengthen our core business and expand into higher-growth spaces.”
The company has paid dividends since it became public in 1954. The last quarterly dividend increase was to $0.29 per share from $0.275 per share on Nov. 1, 2010.
About Campbell Soup CompanyCampbell Soup Company is a manufacturer and marketer of high-quality foods and simple meals, including soup and sauces, snacks and healthy beverages. Founded in 1869, the company has a portfolio of market-leading brands, including “Campbell's,” “Pepperidge Farm,” “Arnott's,” “V8,” “Bolthouse Farms,” “Plum Organics” and “Kjeldsens.” Through its corporate social responsibility program, the company strives to make a positive impact in the workplace, in the marketplace and in the communities in which it operates. Campbell is a member of the Standard & Poor's 500 and the Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes. For more information, visit www.campbellsoupcompany.com or follow company news on Twitter via @CampbellSoupCo.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV