WEX Inc. (NYSE: WEX), a leading provider of corporate payment solutions, announced today that it has extended its existing fuel-price risk management program through the first quarter of 2015.
On September 20, 2013, the Company purchased instruments to cover a portion of its anticipated domestic fuel-price-related earnings exposure for the third and fourth quarters of 2014 and the first quarter of 2015. At this time, WEX has hedged approximately: 60% of its third-quarter 2014 exposure, 40% of its fourth-quarter 2014 exposure and 20% of its first-quarter 2015 exposure. Going forward, the Company intends to hedge approximately 60% of its domestic fuel-price-related earnings exposure in every quarter on a rolling basis.
The instruments are designed to enhance the visibility and predictability of the Company's future earnings. The program uses instruments that create a "costless collar" based upon both the U.S. Department of Energy's weekly diesel fuel price index and NYMEX unleaded gasoline contracts. The September purchase locked in a fuel price range of approximately $3.30 to $3.36 per gallon. The following table states the approximate range of the collar and percentage of fuel-price-related earnings exposure:
|Average low end of range||$3.47||$3.36||$3.38||$3.36||$3.37||$3.34||$3.30|
|Average top end of range||$3.53||$3.42||$3.44||$3.42||$3.43||$3.40||$3.36|
|Approximate % locked in||60%*||60%*||60%**||60%**||60%**||40%**||20%**|
*At the time of execution, 2013 hedges were established without consideration of Fleet One volumes (WEX acquired Fleet One in October 2012).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV