Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a global software company that simplifies and enables the development, deployment and management of business applications, today announced results for its fiscal third quarter ended August 31, 2013.
Revenue from continuing operations was $77.6 million compared to $74.4 million in the same quarter last year, a year over year increase of 4% on an actual and constant currency basis.
Additional financial highlights included:
On a GAAP basis in the fiscal third quarter of 2013:
- Income from operations was $9.7 million compared to $11.3 million in the same quarter last year;
- Income from continuing operations was $7.2 million compared to $7.7 million in the same quarter last year;
- Net income was $24.8 million compared to $5.8 million in the same quarter last year, and includes the pre-tax gain on the divestiture of the Apama product line of $35.9 million; and
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.13 compared to $0.12 in the same quarter last year.
- Income from operations was $21.4 million compared to $17.8 million in the same quarter last year;
- Operating margin was 28% compared to 24% in the same quarter last year;
- Income from continuing operations was $14.7 million compared to $12.4 million in the same quarter last year; and
- Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations was $0.27 compared to $0.19 in the same quarter last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV