Just as it is grooming a new generation of Mac and iOS users, Apple continues to service a happy core. If that's all it had -- the happy core -- Apple would still be more successful, in the here and now, than its alleged competitors.
That happy core has no need or desire to switch. They're lifers, former Windows users, converts from a feature phone to a smartphone and/or stuck in the stickiest ecosystem outside of Seattle, Wash. They're also in a very convenient upgrade cycle.
The cat who had a year left on his or her contract when iPhone 5 came out was likely eligible to upgrade to the 5s or 5c. Cats like me who have about a year left on an iPhone 5 contract will be able to upgrade to an iPhone 6 or whatever comes next.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV