Award underscores CIBC's commitment to training and mentorship programs
TORONTO, Sept. 25, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (CM: TSX) (CM: NYSE) has been selected as one of " Canada's Top Employers for Young People" for 2013 by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
This award recognizes employers that offer the nation's best programs to attract and retain younger workers, including mentorship and training programs, appealing perks and benefits, and the availability of co-op or work-study programs.
"CIBC is pleased to be acknowledged for the programs we have in place that allow young people to hone their skills and be excited about the different types of jobs and opportunities within the bank," said John Silverthorn, CIBC's senior vice president of talent management."This award recognizes our commitment to provide Canada's youth the experiences and skill sets to build their own careers. It also highlights the importance CIBC places on creating a dynamic and inclusive work environment that makes us an attractive place to work," said Mr. Silverthorn. CIBC was recognized by Mediacorp for its initiatives, including:
- Our mentorship programs, such as the Global Operations' Learning Associate Program, which is a peer mentorship program for new employees.
- Our support of the Partnership to Advance Youth Employment, a joint initiative launched in 2007 between private sector employers and the City of Toronto to increase access to economic opportunities for youth and to connect employers to a pool of talented young individuals; and,
- Our Graduates Matter Rotation Program for students in their final year of study for a Masters of Business Administration or related program.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts