Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX) today announced that it has made a $250,000 contribution to the American Red Cross for the relief efforts under way to assist victims of the devastating floods that struck Colorado’s Front Range. In addition, the company will match donations made to the relief effort by its employees and retirees.
“The recovery process is going to be long, and for some, very difficult. We want the people who have been affected by these devastating storms to know that they are in our hearts,” said Michael DeBerry, area manager for a business unit of Chevron U.S.A. Inc., a Chevron subsidiary, with operations in seven states, including Colorado. “With longstanding ties to Colorado, we hope this donation eases the hardship.”
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide. The company is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores for, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and lubricants; manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels. Chevron is based in San Ramon, Calif. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV