MORRISTOWN, N.J., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) will perform aerial inspections of its overhead transmission power lines in northern and central New Jersey beginning today and concluding October 4, weather permitting.
The helicopter patrols are done twice each year to identify areas where maintenance to JCP&L's transmission system is needed to address potential problems. The patrols also assist the company's vegetation management program, which is designed to keep trees away from power lines and prevent tree-related outages.
During the inspection process helicopters will hover in areas near substations and transmission lines.
JCP&L is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE). JCP&L serves 1.1 million New Jersey customers in the counties of Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. Follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L and Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL.www.firstenergycorp.com SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV