Trade-Ideas: BioScrip (BIOS) Is Today's "Dead Cat Bounce" Stock
- BIOS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.6 million.
- BIOS has traded 2.0 million shares today.
- BIOS is up 4.8% today.
- BIOS was down 18.6% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BIOS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BIOS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BIOS: BioScrip, Inc. provides home infusion and other home care services, and pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services in the United States. It operates in three segments: Infusion Services, Home Health Services, and PBM Services. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate BioScrip a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for BioScrip has been 904,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. BioScrip has a market cap of $705.6 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 7.5% with 1.38 days to cover. Shares are down 3.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BioScrip as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, BIOS has a quick ratio of 2.40, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 35.43% is the gross profit margin for BIOSCRIP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -4.65% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, BIOSCRIP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$9.21 million or 148.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full BioScrip Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV