Trade-Ideas: Uni-pixel (UNXL) Is Today's "Barbarian At The Gate" Stock
- UNXL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.1 million.
- UNXL has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- UNXL traded in a range 213.4% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.52.
- UNXL traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 19 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 19 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock s movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UNXL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UNXL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UNXL: Uni-Pixel, Inc. delivers performance engineered films to the display, touch screen, and flexible electronics market segments in the United States. The company offers finger print resistant and hard coat protective cover films for various touch enabled devices. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Uni-pixel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Uni-pixel has been 941,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Uni-pixel has a market cap of $185.0 million and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of -0.06 and a short float of 49.3% with 4.27 days to cover. Shares are up 12.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Uni-pixel as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been generally deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 130.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.04 million to -$4.70 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, UNI-PIXEL INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- UNXL, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 4.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 98.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- UNI-PIXEL INC's earnings per share declined by 37.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNI-PIXEL INC continued to lose money by earning -$1.13 versus -$1.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.10 versus -$1.13).
- The gross profit margin for UNI-PIXEL INC is currently very high, coming in at 100.00%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -469500.00% is in-line with the industry average.
- You can view the full Uni-pixel Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.