GROTON, Conn., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- General Dynamics Electric Boat has been awarded a $152.4 million contract modification by the U.S. Navy to provide lead-yard services for Virginia-class nuclear-powered attack submarines. Electric Boat is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD).
Under the contract, Electric Boat will maintain and update design drawings and data, including technology insertions, for each Virginia-class submarine throughout its construction and post-shakedown availability periods.
With the exercise of this option, the cumulative value of the contract at its completion in 2014 will be $921.4 million.
This work will engage Electric Boat's engineering and design organization, which comprises more than 4,000 employees. Possessing proven technical capabilities, these employees work on all facets of the submarine lifecycle from concept formulation and design through construction, maintenance and modernization, and eventually to inactivation and disposal.More information about General Dynamics Electric Boat is available at www.gdeb.com. More information about General Dynamics is available at www.generaldynamics.com. SOURCE General Dynamics Electric Boat
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV