Trade-Ideas: Ctrip.com International (CTRP) Is Today's New Lifetime High Stock
- CTRP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $100.0 million.
- CTRP has traded 2.0 million shares today.
- CTRP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTRP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTRP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CTRP: Ctrip.com International, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides travel service for hotel accommodations, airline tickets, packaged tours, and corporate travel management in the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. CTRP has a PE ratio of 64.3. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Ctrip.com International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ctrip.com International has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ctrip.com International has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 121.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ctrip.com International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 32.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CTRP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.22 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, CTRP has a quick ratio of 1.65, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 84.61% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 172.26% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CTRP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 82.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.84 million to $34.28 million.
- The gross profit margin for CTRIP.COM INTL LTD is currently very high, coming in at 75.17%. Regardless of CTRP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CTRP's net profit margin of 16.89% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full Ctrip.com International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts