Linde Expert To Discuss How Energized Solutions In Hydraulic Fracturing Improve Economics And Productivity At SPE Conference
MURRAY HILL, N.J. and NEW PROVIDENCE, N.J., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A paper to be presented at the upcoming Society of Petroleum Engineers' Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (ATCE) will provide details on life cycle costs of fluids used for hydraulic fracturing. The conference will be held on September 30 – October 2 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, New Orleans, Louisiana.
The SPE-166113-MS paper, "A Day in the Life of a Barrel of Water: Evaluating Total Life Cycle Cost of Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids," will be presented by Robin Watts, Oil & Gas Technology manager of Linde LLC, in the Tuesday, October 1, session on Fluid and Environmental Considerations. In her paper, Watts examines the total life cycle costs of hydraulic fracturing fluids, comparing water-based and energized solutions. She also evaluates when fracturing fluids energized with carbon dioxide (CO 2) or nitrogen (N 2) can be used to reduce water volume for more economical hydraulic fracturing. It also evaluates how the selected fracturing fluid can affect productivity.
"In certain situations, the increased productivity achieved with energized solutions can more than offset lower per-barrel water costs, driving a lower overall unit cost of production," Watts says in her paper. Watts will also demonstrate how simple economic assessment tools developed by Linde can help producers estimate the potential economic impact of using different fracturing fluids by including estimates for a variety of cost and productivity factors over the entire life cycle of the well:
- Simple Calculator Tool -- for comparing estimated total cost of options, including acquisition, management and disposal calculations
- Productivity Simulator Tool -- for comparing estimated productivity factor of hydraulic fracturing fluid options, fully accounting for the phase behavior and compositional changes of an energized fluid
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts