Organizations join forces to improve education and put more children on the path to graduation
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, at Clinton Global Initiative (CGI), Strive, United Way and Target Corp. (NYSE: TGT) announced a partnership to tackle America's education challenges. The collaboration will build on the successful Strive framework for building civic infrastructure, the community strength of United Way, and Target's commitment to education, to help more children graduate from high school and college. The $1 million investment from Target will enable Strive and United Way to help communities move beyond traditional collaboration by mobilizing partners around strategies that improve student outcomes, such as kindergarten readiness, standardized test results, and college retention rates.
"This partnership has tremendous potential to impact the lives of children all across the country," said Jeff Edmondson, Managing Director of Strive. "The lessons learned from these six communities will directly influence the nearly 1,200 United Ways nationwide that are bringing together local partners to address problems that impact us all."Through this partnership, Strive, United Way and Target will bring nonprofits, businesses, and the public together around a common agenda in each community. As part of the collaboration, each of the three organizations will leverage their unique strengths:
- Strive will bring its proven approach to aligning cross-sector partners to achieve results. This includes bringing experience from work at their flagship site in Cincinnati and lessons from 90 other sites across the country, to provide technical assistance and strategic support to the participating United Way members.
- United Way Worldwide will tap its extensive network, including local United Way members, to bring together community leaders, partners, education experts and more to set shared goals, as well as mobilize data, donors, volunteers and advocates.
- Target will fund the partnership with Strive and United Way Worldwide with a $1 million investment. Additionally, Target will provide guidance on how to best use data to inform decisions, advocate nationally, and leverage local volunteers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV