ATLANTA, Sept. 25, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Deciding whether to buy a home and which house to buy isn't always easy. It usually depends on what you can afford to spend on a mortgage. In a new video on the Equifax Finance Blog (NYSE:EFX), Ilyce Glink, personal finance expert and managing editor of the Equifax Finance Blog, walks through what you need to consider: your income, debt, property taxes, insurance costs and more.
"Think carefully about how much you can realistically afford, and remember that not all of it can be used to pay your mortgage," said Glink. "If you've decided you can spend $2,000 a month on a house, remember that the total amount must cover taxes, insurance and maintenance costs in addition to your mortgage payments."
This is the first in a series of videos to feature Glink on the Equifax Finance Blog. In the coming months, she'll address more relevant topics to consumers, including saving for your child's college education, buying a new car and preparing for tax season.About Equifax Equifax Personal Solutions empowers consumers with the confidence and control to be their financial best. Find out more about Equifax's innovative suite of credit monitoring and identity protection products at www.equifax.com . Learn about identity theft and how to help protect yourself and your family at IdentityProtection.com. Get smart information on everything from credit to retirement, all in one place at the Equifax Finance Blog, blog.equifax.com. Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions, providing businesses of all sizes and consumers with information they can trust. We organize and assimilate data on more than 500 million consumers and 81 million businesses worldwide, and use advanced analytics and proprietary technology to create and deliver customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV