DALLAS, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- These iconic terms - slacks, 7-Eleven and Dallas metroplex – have one thing in common: they were all coined by the creative business minds at TracyLocke, the Dallas-based global agency that is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
TracyLocke is one of only six agencies in the U.S. to achieve 100 years of service and has survived and thrived through the Great Depression, two world wars, flavor-of-the-month trends and countless industry upheavals. In in the past 100 years TracyLocke has…
- Given 7-Eleven, Inc. its name in 1946 – designed, at the time, to highlight its then-unique hours of operation.
- Created the term "slacks" – a term developed by Advertising Hall of Fame inductee and former TracyLocke CEO Morris Hite to identify Haagar's new approach to trousers and "slack time."
- Developed Borden's Elsie the Cow – which was named one of the Top 10 icons of the 20 thcentury by Advertising Age magazine.
- Maintained multi-decade engagements with iconic brands – Frito-Lay (58 years), Imperial Sugar (65), Mrs. Baird's Bread (50), Conoco Oil (34), PepsiCo (35+), and Pizza Hut (15+).
- Coined "metroplex" in the 1960s – created to describe fast-growing, multi-faceted Dallas. In addition, the agency was instrumental in bringing DFW Airport to the area.
- Put Dr Pepper on the map – with the legendary "Dr Pepper Time" campaign that highlighted 10, 2 and 4 o'clock as times when consumers would need an energy boost, making TracyLocke one of the first in the industry to utilize day part marketing.
- Launched iTunes with iconic Pepsi Campaign – in 2005, leveraging Beyonce, launched a national promotion where everyone was a winner of an iTunes song download.
On Friday, September 27, the agency will celebrate its legacy – and bright future – with a centennial celebration at The Dallas Museum of Art. The event will reunite hundreds of employees and clients from the past and present. Scheduled to attend the celebration are corporate CEOs, industry executives and prominent business leaders from across the country.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts