Novatel Wireless, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVTL), a leading provider of intelligent wireless solutions, today introduces MiFi Home™, a powerful all-in-one solution that replaces wired voice and Internet options for fast, easy phone and 4G LTE Internet connectivity in the home, small office, and remote work station.
One simple, fast, effective solution for all telephony and Internet needs.
MiFi Home™ delivers both digital telephone service and Internet connectivity in one combined portable device and provides wireless carriers an alternative to bundle voice and data rate plans and services for the home and small office customers.
- Keep your phone and disconnect your landline. By simply plugging an existing landline cordless or corded telephone into MiFi Home™, users can have the convenience of a reliable telephone connection without their landline. MiFi Home™ users can keep their current phone number or get a new one. And wireless carriers now can offer an alternative to legacy fixed line services. MiFi Home™ will even maintain the ability to make calls during power outages with a battery powered backup providing both talk and standby time.
- Expand in-home data access. MiFi Home™ not only converges fixed line and wireless voice, it also features expanded capability for all in-home data services. It can connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices such as laptops, computers, tablets, eReaders, gaming consoles, music players, printers and more and also has three Ethernet ports for connecting printers and network storage devices.
- Versatile solution for small businesses. MiFi Home™ is also a powerful solution for small businesses. Whether you need a home office, a mobile office or you’re setting up a temporary remote work site, MiFi Home™ can help businesses to stay connected with fast and simple setup. By simply plugging in a phone or other office devices into the Ethernet ports, the user has immediate access to both data and voice services including caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting, call holding and three-way calling.
Upgradeable to Voice over LTE (VoLTE) - Gives mobile broadband operators time-to-market advantage for cost savings and advance service offerings.MiFi Home™ is VoLTE-capable and is easily upgraded over-the-air with VoLTE services upon carrier availability. By using an all-IP packet-based service for voice and data, VoLTE not only provides significant cost savings, it will allow operators to recover less efficient circuit switch 2G channels for additional data capacity. Enabling simultaneous voice and data traffic on LTE in a unified format, VoLTE provides operators with an end-to-end IP connection between their mobile equipment and their core network. VoLTE also enables new services such as video calling, multi-device, single number and multimedia sharing services across mobile broadband devices.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts