Maine Children Would Benefit From President's Plan To Expand Early Education With Tobacco Tax Increase, New Report Shows
Less than half of four-year-olds are currently enrolled in public preschool programs, and many of these programs are not high quality. Numerous studies show that children who have a high-quality preschool experience perform better on cognitive tests in elementary and secondary school, are more likely to graduate from high school, go to college, be employed and be in good health, and are less likely to become involved with crime or have to rely on public assistance.
The proposed increase in tobacco taxes would significantly reduce smoking and other tobacco use, which is the nation's leading preventable cause of death. Tobacco use kills more than 400,000 Americans every year and costs the nation $96 billion in health care bills. Every day, more than 3,500 U.S. youth try their first cigarette.
Additional Media Contacts Lauren Walens, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, email@example.com; 202-661-5763 Retha Sherrod, American Heart Association, firstname.lastname@example.org; 202-785-7929 Gregg Tubbs, American Lung Association, Gregg.Tubbs@Lung.org, 202-715-3469 Jamie Poslosky, American Academy of Pediatrics, email@example.com, 202-724-3308 Tom Salyers, CLASP, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-906-8002 Gretchen Wright, MomsRising.org, email@example.com, 202-371-1999SOURCE Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV