SOMERSET, N.J., Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips, the world leader in lighting, has teamed up with Staples to make energy-efficient LED lighting more affordable and accessible to consumers. Staples is the first office supply retailer to offer a broad range of Philips' most popular ENERGY STAR-rated LED bulbs with instant utility rebates (where available) at over 360 stores. In addition to over 20 Energy-Star (ES) qualified bulbs, which include the industry leading Philips 60, 75 and 100-watt LED equivalents, the revolutionary Philips Hue lighting system will also be available to Staples customers.
Both companies share a commitment to sustainability and quality products that can save customers time and money. Philips' industry-leading A19 lamp, designed to replace the traditional 60-watt incandescent, uses just 11 watts of power while providing over 830 lumens. The bulb will reduce energy consumption by 85 percent, last 25 times longer and save an estimated $134.00 in electricity costs during its lifespan, as compared to the 60-watt incandescent.
"Not only are our LED bulbs using less wattage and providing better dimming, we continue to lead the industry in making LED lighting technology for everyday use more accessible and affordable by partnering with retail leaders like Staples, which further help to accelerate adoption," said Bruno Biasiotta, president and CEO of Philips Lighting Americas. "Together, we can make it easy for home owners and small businesses alike to lower their utility bills – without having to compromise on light quality or aesthetics."
"Protecting the environment and creating savings for our customers are very important to Staples," said Bryan Timko, vice president, merchandising, Staples. "By offering Philips LED bulbs, Staples is providing a sustainable way for our small business customers to spend less on operations and invest the savings into growing their company."Some of the other popular Philips LED bulbs to be offered include:
- Philips 13-watt BR30 and 14.5-watt BR40, Philips 8-watt PAR20 and R20, and Philips 19.5-watt PAR38 Floodlights in a variety of popular color temperatures, used for high hats and other ceiling applications
- Philips 17-watt A19 (75-watt equivalent) Philips 8-watt A19 (40-watt equivalent), in addition to the Philips 11-watt A19 (60-watt equivalent)
- Philips 8-watt, Philips 10-watt MR16 and Philips 6-watt GU10 Reflectors, popular for spotlight applications
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV