ATLANTA, Sept. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Everyone deserves a vacation to relax, and kids are no exception. From homework and chores, to staying on their best behavior, being a kid can be hard work. According to a new survey released today from IHG's (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON: IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] Holiday Inn Resort® brand, ninety seven percent of kids feel that they deserve a vacation for those very reasons. Even more believe that their parents deserve one too, and the number one reason given was stress from working too hard. The survey also revealed that parents involve children in the decision making process when planning family travel more than ever. Almost nine-in-ten parents said their kids' preferences are influential when choosing a vacation destination.
"Holiday Inn Resort® hotels offer family fun and relaxation from a brand name guests know and trust, in many of the world's leading family vacation destinations," said Heather Balsley, senior vice president, Americas Holiday Inn Brand Family. "The Kid Classified campaign gives us a unique opportunity to uncover not only what parents are looking for on family vacations, but kids' perspectives as well. The valuable insight gained from this survey shows that the Holiday Inn Resort brand offers the amenities kids want while on vacation, and further validates that the brand is delivering one of the best valued family vacation experiences on the market."A majority of the parents surveyed agreed – pools, kids' suites, kids eat free programs and special on-site children's activities are all important features when considering a hotel for their family vacation . While most parents expect Wi-Fi, parking and breakfast to be included with their hotel stays, fewer expect fun games for kids or special activity programs for children to be provided free of charge. The Holiday Inn Resort brand offers all of these amenities standard as well as multiple food and restaurant options, nightly entertainment and recreation facilities, guaranteeing fun for the entire family, all at a great value. Other key findings include:
- Most parents plan to travel over the winter holidays, and car travel is more likely than air travel: Sixty percent of parents say they plan to take a trip that includes a hotel stay.
- 74% of parents surveyed are excited to take a family vacation, and surprisingly 64% say they unplug from work completely during the trip.
- While many parents surveyed say they have some financial savings set aside specifically for vacation travel, more than half of parents in the survey (52%) noted that saving enough money was the biggest challenge to planning a family vacation, more so than coordination of family schedules (19%) or taking time off of work (12%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV